Lee Ann, Diabetes Blogger and Art Therapist from The Butter Compartment got the DOC buzzing about D art and here we are.
The big day!
Nate is a little too young so I let his big sis, Emma handle D art. I just told her to make some D Art -- no restrictions, no directions - - - just Emma, paper, pencils, paint and some used D supplies.
Drum roll, please!!! Here is what she made for Nate . . .
I thought it was sweet - - - she told me that she wrote him a poem on the top.
His little bloody finger made me cry.
So, that is Diabetes Art through the eyes of a 6 year old girl with a baby brother that has diabetes.
We are not the only ones that participated!!
Check out these other Diabetes Art Day participants . . .
What a heartfelt, beautiful drawing! I'm so happy to see all the children's art, and especially art from brothers and sisters. It really speaks to how diabetes is a family disease. It's very touching to see how tuned in to his experience she is. Thank you for sharing the drawing, and huge thanks to big sister, Emma, for sharing her view of diabetes and participating in Diabetes Art Day :)
Just a Mom
I AM a wife.
I AM the mom of 3 wonderful children.
I AM my son's pancreas.
The information provided on this blog is from our personal experiences with Type 1 diabetes. Because something works for us does not mean it will work for you.
Please consult your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about your health care options.
- ► 2012 (25)
- ► 2011 (122)
- Freaking out a little! A1C -- Open and Honest pos...
- JDRF Walk for a Cure - Team Super Nate 2010
- Diabetes Dude Webathon - - - Raising money to rais...
- Our Diabetic Life - - - GIVEAWAY !!
- In My Own Words . . . by Jim Houston
- 1 Year - Tears and Triumphs
- A Guest post from my BFF, Helen
- A Guest Post from Scott Kasper
- A Guest Post from GaGa
- Tagged! Who's Next?
- Almost Time to Walk
- DFeast Friday - Shrimp Ceviche
- I'm having an affair!
- Life with Diabetes - No Easy Feat
- Chick-fil-A Reminder!
- Candy Heart AMAZING holiday weekend give-away . . ...
- Custom 3D Bands and My Cutie Patootie Super Nate
- Last Day to Order These!!!
- Diabetes Art Day
- ▼ September (20)