As you may or may not know --- my family is very close. Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents - we are a very close knit family. My grandmother and 2 of my aunts are nurses. It is so nice to have a sounding board in one or all of them with any health issue in the family but since Nate's dx it has been especially nice. So, after reading my blog post yesterday my Aunt Sharon, RN sent me this note. I loved it so much I decided to share it here --- with her permission of course.
Damn skippy! I like her style! Good advice, think I'll take her words with me when ever we go to the endo! AND you mean Goldfish aren't good for you? Ugh! I was hoping they were? HA! I know...if it didn't come out of the ground in little fish shapes and colors...it's probably not the best choice! LOL I hate food reality!
The goldfish that say they are made from wholegrain, do those count as good? :)
Love you...I actually spoke to my endo about Super Nate. She was surprised your endo checked the Cholesterol levels. She said the test isn't indicated for t1's until after the age of 10. Love to you!
Your family sounds great! I love how supportive they all are! Things are scary babe...but it doesn't mean that you won't get through it. You are strong. And often we don't know how strong we are until we are in situations where we are forced to find our strength. You are great...don't forget that.
Just a Mom
I AM a wife.
I AM the mom of 3 wonderful children.
I AM my son's pancreas.
The information provided on this blog is from our personal experiences with Type 1 diabetes. Because something works for us does not mean it will work for you.
Please consult your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about your health care options.
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2012 (25)
- ► 2011 (122)
- Freaking out a little! A1C -- Open and Honest pos...
- JDRF Walk for a Cure - Team Super Nate 2010
- Diabetes Dude Webathon - - - Raising money to rais...
- Our Diabetic Life - - - GIVEAWAY !!
- In My Own Words . . . by Jim Houston
- 1 Year - Tears and Triumphs
- A Guest post from my BFF, Helen
- A Guest Post from Scott Kasper
- A Guest Post from GaGa
- Tagged! Who's Next?
- Almost Time to Walk
- DFeast Friday - Shrimp Ceviche
- I'm having an affair!
- Life with Diabetes - No Easy Feat
- Chick-fil-A Reminder!
- Candy Heart AMAZING holiday weekend give-away . . ...
- Custom 3D Bands and My Cutie Patootie Super Nate
- Last Day to Order These!!!
- Diabetes Art Day
- ▼ September (20)