7. (4/14/11) Pancake. We got a new puppy today. One of my mom's friends was looking for a loving home for her 5-month old little shih tzu puppy and believe it or not she chose us!! His name was Pugsley but we renamed him Pancake. Trust me when I say Nate could not say Puglsey - his P sounds like an F and his G sounded like a K. So, Pancake it is. Love.
6. (4/13/11) Today was easy. The DOC always lifts me up. Thankful. Lunch with my mom. Yummy. Side Walk Chalk with Sophie. Fun. Renata is thinking about doing 1 a Day too! Wonderful.
5. (4/12/11) I spent time with my dad (Bobby not Jerry - yes, I know it can get confusing since I call them both dad) and my Uncle David today on the East Side of Ft.Worth. It brought back such wonderful memories of my childhood. I even drove by my grandparents house (they've both been gone for close to 20 years) and felt like I was driving back in time. Nostalgic.
4. (4/11/11) My mom bought 2 Freestyle meters for the price of one at CVS (on sale and with a coupon). Silly but this made me happy because we were down to only our PDM for bg checks. I gave away a meter to someone in need and then our other one crapped out. Maybe this is really 2 good things for today! Exciting.
3. (4/10/11) My kids made me mud pies. Awesome kids.
2. (4/9/11) We had a wonderful day at the zoo and no low bgs for Nate. Fun and Happy.
1. (4/8/11) I witnessed a terrible hit and run accident while taking the girls to school Friday AM. Literally 1 or 2 seconds later and it would have been my truck that was hit right where Emma sits. The driver of the car that was hit was ok and luckily, he had just dropped his son off at school. I later found out from the insurance company (they called me for a witness statement) that another witness was able to get the license plate number of the runner. Thankful.
I kinda prefer Nate's take on the original name (come-on, you knew I would). Can't you just hear him chasing him down the street Yelling "FuKsley!!!! Come here boy!!!!!" OMG...I am killing myself - hehe.
Awesome on the dog Laura. Oscar has been such a wonderful addition to our family. I hope that you find the same with Pancake.
I had to control my laughter when I read this since I was supposed to have gone to bed early!! I love that I can read all the blogs on my phone but I can't comment...so I wrote the names down on a post it so I could comment later! Silly, silly!
Yay for puppies!
Just a Mom
I AM a wife.
I AM the mom of 3 wonderful children.
I AM my son's pancreas.
The information provided on this blog is from our personal experiences with Type 1 diabetes. Because something works for us does not mean it will work for you.
Please consult your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about your health care options.
- ► 2016 (15)
- ► 2012 (25)
- Blogcation - Not Dead Yet
- Diabetes, K9s & New Tires - #20
- Easter - 16, 17, 18 and 19
- Good Friday's 15
- The number 14 brought to you by OmniPod and DexCom...
- My One Thing - 13
- #12 Not So Easy!!
- Catching up with The Houston Family
- 1 Every Day for my Mom
- Submit Your Kit - VLOG
- Tallygear - Sugar Bolus - LFAC
- Why I still Cry - Part 2 - A Mother's Love
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2010 (136)