Click for the One Thing to Improve - Wednesday 5/16 Link List.
Yesterday we gave ourselves and our loved ones a big pat on the back for one thing we are great at. Today let’s look at the flip-side. We probably all have one thing we could try to do better. Why not make today the day we start working on it. No judgments, no scolding, just sharing one small thing we can improve so the DOC can cheer us on!
Well-- Well . . . since I said I totally rock diabetes yesterday I guess today I must confess to a few things that I could improve.
1) Changing of the Lancet --- Seriously cannot tell you the last time this happened. I know - I suck!
2) Washing of the Poking Finger --- I'm really bad about just wiping Nate's finger on my shirt and calling it clean. I know - GROSS!
3) Stressing over the Highs --- Oh yes, highs stress me out far more than lows. I get seriously stressed out and rage bolus the crap out of them. I know - Relax
4) Diabetes in the House --- I think the worst thing that I do is put Nate's diabetes on everyone in the house. I strongly believe that it is a family disease --- we all live with it but I sometimes put too much of it on Emma and Sophie. The only example I can think of right now is that Emma wants to get her ears pierced which I am ok with -- sort of. But, the latest trend is to get numbing cream from the doctor (EMLA) before going to get them pierced so they won't feel it. I say NO WAY! Nate's fingers get poked 12-15 times a day, he gets his pod changed every 2-3 days and Dexcom every 7-14. NO STINKIN WAY am I letting my daughters get numbing cream for an elective poking of the ears. I wonder if I would even care if Nate didn't have diabetes? I know - I'm a meanie!
I could go on and on but I think we were only supposed to focus on one.
Keep calm and D-Blog Week On . . .
1. SO guilty
3. Guilty--Medium has had 2 nights in a row in the 400's and I haven't slept all night!
4. Guilty--and I wouldn't let them use Emla cream either, but then again, I only have boys so I will, most likely, not be faced with this dilemma, and I am the meanest mom in the whole world so...but heck yes the can experience a fraction of what poor Nate has to go through!
Just a Mom
I AM a wife.
I AM the mom of 3 wonderful children.
I AM my son's pancreas.
The information provided on this blog is from our personal experiences with Type 1 diabetes. Because something works for us does not mean it will work for you.
Please consult your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about your health care options.
- ► 2016 (16)
- OmniParty Invitation
- Day 7 - D-Blog Week - Wildcard Hero
- Day 6 - D-Blog Week - Diabetes & Me
- Day 5 - D-Blog Week - Diabetes Hurts
- Day 4 - D-Blog Week - Give Me What I Want!
- Day 3 - D-Blog Week - Room for Improvement
- Day 2 - D-Blog Week - I Rock this Job
- Day 1 - Diabetes Blog Week - Find a Friend
- Insulin Overload --- what could have been a fatal ...
- ▼ May (9)
- ► 2011 (122)
- ► 2010 (136)